Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my vent!

Angry my vent!

*sigh*

Have you ever came onto a job site. the folks were negative from the start. The shift just start.. The folks are complaining.. There is shift 'beef'.. 1st shift vs 3rd shift. I'm a temp at this job. When I first start this job. I was like "hello" individually to each person. now, i just come in and work.

If something happens against the shifts, they are ragging on it the whole 8hrs. (i need to buy another mp3 player) sometimes, the voices in my head keep company.. so i cant hear the bullshyt. Communication is nil. So 3rd shift get the shock of their life. Extra work, personnel moved to different shifts for shortages. 3rdshift is left short.

When I do tune in, I keep thinking these folks could never work @ another company. Because they can be sued for sexual harassment, bullying and other violations. jokes are told.. stmts are made.. they've looked into folks personal data as for salaries, fmla issues

The 'lead' has gotten loud with me one too many times. I'm trying to ignore her tone.. She tries to micromanages me. it usually makes her mess up her work..

dont get it twisted I'm thankful for the job. But it's unnervying .. sorry.. I had to get it off my brain.
    Working on being a happier me!

Ricu

Re: my vent!

Quote Originally Posted by SmilesNoir View Post
    *sigh*

Have you ever came onto a job site. the folks were negative from the start. The shift just start.. The folks are complaining.. There is shift 'beef'.. 1st shift vs 3rd shift. I'm a temp at this job. When I first start this job. I was like "hello" individually to each person. now, i just come in and work.

If something happens against the shifts, they are ragging on it the whole 8hrs. (i need to buy another mp3 player) sometimes, the voices in my head keep company.. so i cant hear the bullshyt. Communication is nil. So 3rd shift get the shock of their life. Extra work, personnel moved to different shifts for shortages. 3rdshift is left short.

When I do tune in, I keep thinking these folks could never work @ another company. Because they can be sued for sexual harassment, bullying and other violations. jokes are told.. stmts are made.. they've looked into folks personal data as for salaries, fmla issues

The 'lead' has gotten loud with me one too many times. I'm trying to ignore her tone.. She tries to micromanages me. it usually makes her mess up her work..

dont get it twisted I'm thankful for the job. But it's unnervying .. sorry.. I had to get it off my brain.

I worked in a place like that where nearly the entire night shift and many of the day shift(12hr) were traveling staff. Management was uninterested and uninvolved but this was back in the eighties when management stayed in the office. On a good day the regular staff were like acid and I survived six months. The way you described the management in your place, it's easy to see why they need temp. staff. Good luck and keep doing what you're doing. Your survivor skills are good.

I hope you get into a better place soon

R

Oh Smiles,
    How do you really hang in a TOXIC environment? The energy it takes to deal with this stuff will wear you out.You are going to get depressed. Can you find another hospital to work at nearby?
    I did a travel job that was TOXIC, and it was awful,Miserable nurses..I did not want to go to work.
    I'll never do it again.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

It's a wonder that there isn't a high turn over in employees. I hear ya on the attitudes: been there, dealt with it, and feel your pain.

What is it about the 1st shift vs 3rd shift complaints? I swear that's all too common.

it 1st shift takes 2 hrs breaks. 1st shift wont do there work. blah blah..
    I had to say to them. um be glad u have this job.. others do not..

3rd shift they do not like the overall mgr. They are bitter.. 30 minutes on Marlboro breaks.. but one dude got mad at me b/c I was not thinking .. I left a soaked formalin form dry in his airspace.. I work at an animal clinic lab work.. (waiting on nursing school) He smokes Gold Marlboro like a chimney..
    They have been short staff for a yr. folks have quit. they just decided to get temp service in October. they still are short staff with help.. work is growing..

we are working crismus eve.. wednesday into thursday.. new yrs eve thursday into friday.. i'm so f*cking shock at this move.. I cant get pd for the holiday or anything.. i'm expected to be on nye.

I'm going home for crismus. i get off the plane @9pm. They want me to come in .. this how short staff they are..

oh, i was doing all samples.. untill a 'gremilin" hid one of my samples.. so they place me on fecals and histo's only. *roll eyes* my work station is shared with a day shift person.. we use the same containers. next thing, i'm approached by the night supvr.. Oh Smiles! we found that missing sample.. it was in your rack.. GTFOh.. 4 days later it's in my rack.. dude be real.. everybody uses my rack.. it was not in my rack for 4days.. Needless to say, i'm still on F/H. Now, they take 30 min Marlboro breaks.. i'm still processing.. last nite, i did regular samples (i did my work 1st and complete) b/c we were behind.
    The 'lead' processor sd something like oh god.. u r doing regular samples. I stopped helping her and went to do my histos and reports. I'm trying to think, IS it wrong to stop helping them? let them do it all.

the funny thing.. this assignment is indefinite. i'm looking for a job to fit with my nursing school schedule. i dont think, i can do 3rd shift and n.s. this is just to pay the bills. They are counting on me to stay till another situation fix itself.. Something i dont see happening soon..
    mgr hands are tied.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricu View Post
    I worked in a place like that where nearly the entire night shift and many of the day shift(12hr) were traveling staff. Management was uninterested and uninvolved but this was back in the eighties when management stayed in the office. On a good day the regular staff were like acid and I survived six months. The way you described the management in your place, it's easy to see why they need temp. staff. Good luck and keep doing what you're doing. Your survivor skills are good.

I hope you get into a better place soon

R
    survivor skills are good. but one nite, one of techs got me to the point .. i told the supr.. i'm calling temp service on monday to replace me.. boy o boy.. folks started to change their tune. I cant take cussing from kids.. I be *beep* i'll take it from a adult. supvr pulled the tech aside.. tech apologilying (apologizing and lying)to me quick in a hurry.. supvr pulling me in the office too. my tonsills were sore.. 1st nite of strep throat.. sigh..

thanks for the kind words.

Kdog toxic aint the word..
    one day, i got hit with a tape ball. They are always throwing things at each other.. tubes.. u name it.. i had to say .. dont thrown shish me..
    Oh Smiles,
    How do you really hang in a TOXIC environment? The energy it takes to deal with this stuff will wear you out.You are going to get depressed. Can you find another hospital to work at nearby?
    I did a travel job that was TOXIC, and it was awful,Miserable nurses..I did not want to go to work.
    I'll never do it again.
    i'm trying to get on somewhere else.. i need to take my fast track CNA .. to see if i can get on as PCT in hospital and do n.s.
    thanks for reading.. it's been on my head.. Mondays are worst.. Fridays are horrible..

I'm waiting on God!

reality mixing with tv.. I wonder what would Dr. Marcus Welby would do in this situation.. lol

Geeez! What a mess. Like you said, it's a job, and someone's gotta do it. I trust your integrity.

Kids nowadays need a reality check. It isn't all about them.

The youngest 24 and wants to be a lead.. people skills are :bs:

I told them this morning that I would not be in tonite.. boy o boy.. they were scared .. I said SIKE and went home..

Thanks for reading..!

So? What's the latest news on the story? Anything much?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast