Troubles with Trustaff
I am a RN/CVOR traveller who recently completed a 13 week assignment with Trustaff.
The week of Thanksgiving I was sent home the day before Thanksgiving (Wednesday) 3 hours early.
I made sure the charge nurse knew that by sending me home, I would be paid my guaranteed time. I worked 4-10 hour shifts.
Thanksgiving week I was scheduled to work Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday.
My next scheduled work day was the day after Thanksgiving, Friday.

Late Wednesday, because of lack of cases, the OR was deemed closed on
Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) by the nurse manager.
That Friday was my scheduled 10 hour work day.

On Wednesday, before I left the hospital, I had the charge nurse sign my timesheet and sign for Friday, the day the OR was closed so that I would be paid my guaranteed 40 hours for the week.
I duly informed Trustaff immediately (Wednesday and again Friday) that my hours were less than my scheduled hours, per their policy and protocol to guarantee my 40 hours for the week.

Trustaff now claims that the hospital will not pay me and that Trustaff will not pay me because the OR was closed on a holiday. My contract states that if the facility is closed on a holiday, my guaranteed hours may not be paid. Friday was not the holiday and my timesheet was signed by the charge nurse.

After numerous emails to Trustaff (approximately 10 or more), and almost one month after my contract ended, I still have not received my pay.

Today (12-23-09) I was informed that because the client/charge nurse had not "checked a box" on my timesheet (a box that after reviewing all of my timesheets had not been checked on any of my timesheets during the 13 weeks) I would not receive my 14.75 hours.
Mr. Schoepf (Trustaff nurse advocate) stated that he "went to bat for me and did me a favor of "giving" me 5 hours."

I remained professional and calm as Mr. Schoepf proceeded to tell me that after the conversation with him today, my files would be deleted, my email address would be deleted and Trustaff employees are instructed not to communicate with me.
(Actually, after dealing with Trustaff and the convoluted payroll issues for the past 4 weeks, he really did not have to tell me this).

BTW, I was very detailed, timely and factual in faxing my weekly timesheets during the contract period.
Before I completed the assignment, the client wanted me to extend, I chose not too.
As well, I received a wonderful letter of reference from the nurse manager.

Anyone else have contract issues with this company?