Thread: taking the subsidy

Angry taking the subsidy

Is it standard for a travel company to reduce your hourly rate by a couple of dollars for taking their subsidy as opposed to free housing? My travel company has done just that! My hourly rate went down by $2 so I can have the subsidy.
    Wanted to know what others have experienced.
    Thanks!

Re: taking the subsidy

I don't think so. I took the subsidy after living in their free housing for a month and moved in with a friend, and my hourly rate stayed the same. The subsidy is a benefit to you so they don't have to pay for your housing. What company are you with may I ask? You can PM me your companies name. I'm taking the housing on my next assignment and not reduction in pay there either.

Definately not. I guess it would depend on the company, but I have talked with approx. 8 companies and none decrease your hourly pay for taking the stipend. Is that how it was worded in your contract?

Acutally I Believe Most Companies Do Decrease Your Pay If You Take The Stipend, It Just Depends On How You Get Your Stipend. Some Companies Pay The Stipend Weekly, Anywhere From 900-1400$$ Tax Free, Then Your Hourly Does Decrease. Some Companies Only Pay You $900-1000 Per Month. Depends On The Company. Check The Website Gsa.gov And Check The Per Diem Rates Were You Are And Find A Company Who Will Pay You That. If You Have A Permanent Tax Home It Is Legal From Everything I Have Read. Try Travelnurse Solutions, They Pay Well And Have Been Fairly Good And Easy To Deal With.