Thread: Finally found a home

Finally found a home

I was working in the SICU when I started using, ended up getting fired 1 week after being announced "employee of the month". Then I tried a nursing home, lasted a year there. I am proud to say I have a found a wonderful program and have been clean for almost 3 years now. I work in an office. Not as stressful, and I find gratification in all the little things. I love being close to families and I LOVE being sober. And you just can't beat the hours! I have never posted before, but I have been reading your postings for a while. I hope I hear from some of you. Take care and keep coming back

Re: Finally found a home

You are an inspiration. I am happy for you. I have just started inquiries as to how and if I can get my license back (after 5 years). I am also clean and sober 5 years now. I was clean when a (3rd) urine drug screen came up positive (amphetamine). I know it was a lab error. (First two within a year was positive for amphetamine/diet pill - true, third was an error) But state board didn;t collect/require split specimens. So I couldn;t prove it. I didn't agree with the harse requirements from board orders, hit the very lowest in my life, depression... depression was big factor...felt I lost my world and me.

I hope I can get my license back. My life is great. I have been doing private duty/self-emplyed for last 5 years. But sure could use the money and I love the nurse experience. I want to get back into cardiology and/or geriatrics.

If I can't get license back, I have to figure out what to do. Great to hear your success story. Janie