Please forgive my spelling or grammar as I am somewhat new to this country. English is my 2nd language.

This happened to me November last year and I am still angry about it. Friends tell me about this website so I hope someone here can help.

I go to school for CNA last year (Colorado), make very good scores & always show up to class. The week I intern before I graduate I go to nursing home for training. I see horible verbal abuse by another CNA to many patients. Yelling for them to lie back down (when they ask for bathroom help), telling them horrible things but making seem like big joke when she catch me looking at her. Other things too but I don't want to talk about here.

Teacher spend so many weeks telling us about this abuse & it is illegal, that we are guilty if we do not report. I go to charge nurse & tell her what I see that day & she tell me to write it down, they try to catch this other CNA many times but nobody sees, only hears about what she do. Charge nurse was very very happy.

I write it all down & give to nurse, then a few days later I get call from teaher telling me I was bad for reporting, that it was not my place because I was only intern, was not CNA yet & I am in trouble. Teacher tells me even though my grades good she cannot tell other places I would be good hire if they call her about me because I embarass her. She tell me to forget any of this ever happen & unless old person is being hit or slapped to keep my big mouth shut. I feel so bad because I think I am doing right by everyone & reporting. I am 22 & know I am young (& smart!) but I think they use that against me.

I passed my CNA test very well in December & have put in for jobs but am afraid that she may be saying things about me to keep me from getting job. Everyone ask where I went to school & I have to put on job application where I went, I have nurse friends who know me outside of school & what kind of good work I do (patent, kind, answer call lights...I treat them all like they were my family iin that way).

Is there anyone I can call to make this guilt go away? Should I report school for falsehoods? I am tired of being upset about it all the time & want to work some place I can be respected for standing up for someone who is being treated wrong by another.

Thank you,

EvaW