Thread: Hello, this is important for nursing school!

Exclamation Hello, this is important for nursing school!

Hello, I'm 20 years old, and a nursing major, working towards my BSN. I graduate in 1 more year!

For my informatics class we are supposed to find a legitimate nursing site and blog with other nurses. So anyone know some hot topics to discuss? I'm supposed to do this each night for two weeks and could use all the help I can get!

Re: Hello, this is important for nursing school!

Check out Nursing News tab and subjects like Medical Marijuana, etc..

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Welcome to the site! I love the 'legitimate nursing site' bit. There are a few, and one in particular is pretty anal. I won't get into the reasons.

Hmmmmm; hot nursing topics: We do have a thread on Tattoos in Nursing, but it's been a bit quiet there lately.

Heck! Why not pass the word on to your classmates about this site, and encourage them to join? We're always looking for quality members who aren't afraid to post. Just remember, there are NO dumb questions. We can also help with those pesky assignments, too.

Just a fair warning: the Chat room needs tweaking, and our 'Boss', Aaron, has been working some wild shifts. He's promised to get to things when he can.

Just to be curious, where are you attending school, and how much longer before you graduate?

Hope to see you around often!

'Cat'

Smile Re: Hello, this is important for nursing school!

:60: Welcome to the site. Looking forward to your posts. Have you got any idea where you will be looking for work once you graduate? A hot topic for most nursing sites is the fact that new grads and experienced nurses alike are having a hard time getting jobs. Maybe you can start a thread and get some discussion going about this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by cougarnurse View Post
    Welcome to the site! I love the 'legitimate nursing site' bit. There are a few, and one in particular is pretty anal. I won't get into the reasons.

Hmmmmm; hot nursing topics: We do have a thread on Tattoos in Nursing, but it's been a bit quiet there lately.

Heck! Why not pass the word on to your classmates about this site, and encourage them to join? We're always looking for quality members who aren't afraid to post. Just remember, there are NO dumb questions. We can also help with those pesky assignments, too.

Just a fair warning: the Chat room needs tweaking, and our 'Boss', Aaron, has been working some wild shifts. He's promised to get to things when he can.

Just to be curious, where are you attending school, and how much longer before you graduate?

Hope to see you around often!

'Cat'
    Thanks for your help!

I go to Miami University, In Ohio and will be graduating in May of 2011 with my BSN ^_^ I'm so excited!! :banana:

Quote Originally Posted by cali510 View Post
    :60: Welcome to the site. Looking forward to your posts. Have you got any idea where you will be looking for work once you graduate? A hot topic for most nursing sites is the fact that new grads and experienced nurses alike are having a hard time getting jobs. Maybe you can start a thread and get some discussion going about this subject.
    I have no idea yet. My boyfriend is majoring in physics, and we've talked about getting married so if he takes that step, he might be travelling a lot! So I've thought of trying to be a travelling nurse. I also have though about doing clinics for drug abusers with someone, or doing something abstract, if I could, like being a nurse for NASA. I'm kinda adventurous with technology! LOL

Thanks a lot for your advice! I will start a thread soon! :banana: