Thread: Nursing School Funding

Angry Nursing School Funding

I have been wanting to join Nursing School for sometime but it seems that there is very little in the way of funding for the average person who wants to be a nurse. I live in DFW area and I am curious if anyone knows of anyone hospitals who fund courses in exchange for working for their company for so many years or something along those lines. It would be very hard for me to quit a full time job, as I have somewhere in the neighbood of about $2000/month worth of bills. Any help in general would be appreciated. Anyone going through this same problem?

Re: Nursing School Funding

Hi Theldron,

I know of quite a few scholarships, grants, and employer paid tuition reimbursement and repayment for work plans available for those already employed in the health professions. If you work for a health care facility and already have a background either in nursing or in a health care field these would be of use to help pay tuition.. in addition to Federal Student Aid and Loans that is. My most up to date Healthcare Scholarship & Financial Aid information is here: http://myonlinenursingdegree.com/hea...olarships.html

Otherwise, if you're working full time in a non-healthcare career but are wanting to quit work in order to attend a traditional school full time there's always Federal Student Aid programs, merit based scholarships, student loans etc, and since you have monthly bills to pay you may have to consider doing it by getting a second mortgage on the equity in your house if you own one so you can manage to pay bills while in school.

Do you have any college credits (or degree) already?

Sara

Re: Nursing School Funding

That's going to be rough unless you can pay off the monthly financial obligations enough to be able to work part time while going to college... or get some loan to carry you through the time.

If you could manage to handle the LPN program (which I believe is only ten months) you could go that route as a starting point.... because once you were an LPN you could then take advantage of your employer's tuition help plans as well as use available financial aid of all sorts and become an RN, or even a BSN via the online LPN to RN/BSN programs available. That would help solve the income issue because you could be earning a living faster and then advance your education rapidly while working.

Here's an article that describes this very process for LPN's to give you a better idea: http://myonlinenursingdegree.com/nur...-solution.html