Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday, March 5th, 2010

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Friday, March 5th, 2010

Well, it's Friday already; time to wake up and smell the coffee, folks.

The usual stuff going on here: PT (for now), doing what I am able to do to clean up..... I think I need some coffee.

Re: Friday, March 5th, 2010

I'm happy for Friday.. I have only one more nite at the nuthouse.. Sushi nite with my meetup group is tomorrow.. Sushi *drooling* Plum wine *drooling*.. It seems like I run errands every morning this week..
    Working on being a happier me!

We have a decent sushi place out here; it's been a while since we went. After 4, it's all you can eat for about $19 a person. There's another place close by, but we never tried that one.

Quote Originally Posted by suebird3 View Post
    We have a decent sushi place out here; it's been a while since we went. After 4, it's all you can eat for about $19 a person. There's another place close by, but we never tried that one.
    It sounds good. I wont be attending anything this weekend. I had to put my car in the dealership.. *sigh* I stuck this weekend in the house till Monday.

Solider.. I need a control arm, bearings and engine mounts on PT Cruiser. I called Chrysler to check on a recall. I told theChyrsler rep sd Your PT Cruiser is starting sound real "Toyota-ish". My car is falling apart.. She sd I'm sorry. I sd ya'll want ppl to trust your product. The brand aint worth.. *beep*
    Thank you.
    Working on being a happier me!

Cool Re: Friday, March 5th, 2010

Well, I slept until almost two today, no wonder since I was up until past three or four this morning. Insomnia. Got to motivate next week. This sleeping until the afternoon isn't getting me a job. I'm pretty much disgusted. Through most of the hh agencies in my area and going to start in with LTC facilities, although I know none of them are hiring. The hell holes would be running ads for employees if they were hiring. But I have to do something for an effort. So, starting another boring, worthless weekend. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

Smiles, my husband test drove a co-worker's PT, and said it just didn't have 'oooomph'. Sorry you are having problems, though. ANYthing to get $$, eh?

Cali, I know what you are talking about: the hell holes are the ones with constant ads. However, WE CAN make a difference, right? One person at a time.

Unhappy Re: Friday, March 5th, 2010

Cougar, you know times are bad when even the "constant ad" hell holes are not running their "constant ads"! I may have to just go into survival mode and lay low as long as I can come up with rent every month. Going on third month now, no decision from unemployment office regarding unemployment. My employer J.A. told them I quit my last full time case at the end of November. I told the guy the truth, the staffing coordinator pulled me from the case, I quit nothing. The agency is totally ignoring me now. They haven't paid me for the last shift I worked. I'm not looking to deal with them anymore, but won't say anything in case the unemployment starts. How they could tell the unemployment people I quit, when they put me on cases and I worked two shifts since I applied for benefits, I don't know. The UI people should be able to see through them, if stupid me can. I am not seeing an unemployment check in my future. The phone interview guy acted like a jerk and will, of course, believe the employer, like they always seem to do. I can't believe it when I read on AN about people who quit jobs, get fired, etc., explain their side of the story and end up getting unemployment. Doesn't work for me. Oh, well. I'm depressed. I want to go to Target just to get out of the apartment.

Cali, employers will do whatever they can to NOT have to pay UE. One place I worked for pulled a number, I tell ya. Actually, it was one of the (now former) owners. My hours got cut, owing to the fact that what I got hired for was resolving. Major hiss fit there. Then, a few months later, I had TOLD them I was doing Clinical for Phleb. Tech. Guess what! A position opened up (miraculously!) on a case they KNEW I wanted to start on again-----and the position HAD to start RIGHT THEN! Oh, and they sent the confirmation bit via Certified Mail (which was late anyhow).

I say save everything to CYA.

Found out the Girl Scout cookies my husband ordered came in. I am presently feeding my face. Just wish his Boy Scout troop would go back to the popcorn we like.

Give me Thin Mints, and no-one gets hurt!

Unhappy Re: Friday, March 5th, 2010

I just ate two 3 Musketeers bars washed down with Coke. I still feel depressed. I will probably go to Target tomorrow. Then I will plan my attack for job hunting next week, for all those employers out there who aren't hiring. It wouldn't be so bad if the unemp check were coming in.

Got any Cole Classic available? I suddenly have a taste for the stuff. Have to settle for water instead. I'm too dang lazy to drag butt downstairs to get anything else right now. :nurse-rofl:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast