Thread: called my classmate a dips%^&!

Facebook User

Question called my classmate a dips%^&!

:nurse-stupid:

I was so frustrated with class members today I actually slipped and called a fellow classmate a dip****. I feel bad about it, only that other people heard me. The classmate really is a dip****! It discourages me that so many people in my class expect to be spoon fed everything. They are wasting everyone's time with their STUPID questions and need to debate the instructor on topics that are unrelated to the subject at hand.
    How do you weathered nurses out their deal with idiotic colleages? I need some advice pronto. I feel like nursing school is going to send me straight to anger management!

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: called my classmate a dips%^&!

Laura, when I first read this, I had to laugh. There were times I wished I'd have done that in school!

Unfortunately, there are fools everywhere. I have found closing my eyes and THEN rolling them, mentally saying, 'This too shall pass' helps. There are several other things I do, but.....I am still half asleep.

Hey, regarding anger management: just vent here! It's cheaper.

:yeahthat:

Quote Originally Posted by LauraP View Post
    :nurse-stupid:

I was so frustrated with class members today I actually slipped and called a fellow classmate a dip****. I feel bad about it, only that other people heard me. The classmate really is a dip****! It discourages me that so many people in my class expect to be spoon fed everything. They are wasting everyone's time with their STUPID questions and need to debate the instructor on topics that are unrelated to the subject at hand.
    How do you weathered nurses out their deal with idiotic colleages? I need some advice pronto. I feel like nursing school is going to send me straight to anger management!
    I, too, get frustrated with students [I'm a QA officer where the Soldiers learn to become Medics]. Some students ask instructors off-topic questions in an attempt to belittle the instructor and make themselves feel more important. On the other hand, some students innocently go off-topic during a lecture in the interest of something not directly related to the subject matter being discussed.

I've noticed some instructors fall into the trap of allowing the students questions to get them off track. I will mention to the instructor after the lecture during the students break and remind them to stay focused on the lecture topic. Other instructors are good at immediately letting the student know they can ask the off-topic questions during one of the breaks, if time allows.

The only thing you can do as another student is be patient, and tolerable, as well as maybe somehow cut-in with a question of your own specifically R/T the lecture topic.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Just to be curious: Are you the same age as your classmates, or older? That would tell me something.

So, Laura....how's the dip-twit? Have to hurl a metal bed pan at her yet?

Re: how I handle the 'idiots': Depends on what they are doing. If they are new grads and still a bit unsure, I laugh and make them at ease. If they come off ****y and know-it-all....well, I will take it from there.

Smile and plan their demise. I have to laugh at this because the stupidest nurse I deal with at work is actually a nursing instructor! Gives me GREAT comfort knowing that - NOT. Just smile and move on. The anger management - hell - it don't help. I see stupid people everywhere. Just make sure you are not one of them, document your little ass off and move on.
    Jen

Ricu
    There is always ONE in the class, sometimes two who drive you to the edge especially when the heat is on to perform. These students seem to eek by somehow and you wonder how they do it. Once in awhile, they get pushed out during clinicals because they just can't pull it together and other times, they get all they way through. After a period in the workforce, they find their niche usually in a less intensive environment or they leave alltogether. There isn't a whole lot of room in nursing for bubbleheads.

R