Thread: National Nurses Week coming to an end, so...

National Nurses Week coming to an end, so...

did you get anything?

Flowers?
    A bonus?
    Lunch?
    A gift?

Anything?

I got nothing!

Of course, I work for myself right now, but hey, you'd think the wife and kids could have tossed in and bought me that new corvette I've been wanting. I would have even settled for a 60 inch flat screen, or a boat even.

BUT WAIT, there's still one more day!

Member Extraordinaire

Re: National Nurses Week coming to an end, so...

well the hospital also had hospital week so they had the tenure dinner for all employees who had been there over 5 years. They had a drawing for prizes (not as good of prizes as past years so of course I won for the first time) I won a 7 piece outdoor game set...vollyball, frisbee, Jai-lite (plastic mitts and whiffle ball)....they had things like lemon shake ups for sale, cookies and punch in the lobby. There was a drawing on nurses day for dontated prizes and I WON AGAIN!!!!! I won a hat from a lumber company with 2 carpenter pencils...the square ones you sharpen with a knife. All of the nurses did get a pen and pencil set in a plastic case, Enfamil gave us little diaper bags.
    Bad me I've planned to get my secret pal something but haven't yet....bad bad bad.

Angry Re: National Nurses Week coming to an end, so...

I got the shaft!!!!! But what else is new with hospitals and they way they treat nurses.
    Was told on Monday morning that we are now doing on call on the weekends, used to have every weekend off !!!! and also have to do one night a week on call. So my 12 hour shift extends to a 14 hour shift! I drive one hour each way to work so my day now is 16 hours long. Oh by the way at the end of the day were were treated to cookies. I work in an ambulatory diagnostic unit and our department was open from 7a-7p M-Fri. Because of the money hungry MD's the hospital wants to kill us so they can all make money. (Everyone except us)

Signed
    A ticked off RN who has been working for 41 years and sees nothing good in the future for nurses.

Member Extraordinaire

from the per diem hospital I work at we're getting polo shirts with the hospital logo but we had to sign up for size so they aren't in yet.....can you say free walking billboards...they are a nice shirt though

My company sent me a Macy's gift card! Shop til you drop!

we got a $10.00 gas card...good enough to buy me a 2 1/2 gallons of gas..how exciting