Thread: Didn't like my CNA class, will I like RN?

Didn't like my CNA class, will I like RN?

Hi Nurses! I am a 20 year old nursing student from Wisconsin. This semester, I took my CNA class and I had a very hard time with my clinicals. I felt like I wasn't prepared enough to do my job well, and I also didn't like the nursing home environment. This was a bad experience for me, and I'm scared to continue on in my schooling to become an RN. I'm worried that I'll go through all this hard work and end up hating my job. If you have some advice for me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much for your help!

Red face Re: Didn't like my CNA class, will I like RN?

hi there, i'm a new graduate from nursing school. i hope the advices i give can help you in a way or another. anyways, i'm not too sure what cna is cause i don't study in the states. but i guess it's about community nursing care.

there are multiple fields that a nurse can work in, not simply just in community nursing. like ER, OR, medical/surgical etc... personally i have my own favorites and dislikes in the various modules i took up. i didn't fancied oncology nursing and i didn't enjoyed the clinical attachment to the oncology ward. but however, i didn't let this put a stop to me wanting to be an Rn.

but if you dislike majority of your clinical lessons (including other clincal skills in other types of nursing), think back on what first brought you to nursing. is that still what you're looking forward to? will you achieve that at the end of the road?

being a nurse really takes alot, but with faith and strong commitment, no matter how harsh the situations or how negative comments get, you'll do well.

take care and i hope i did help.:o
    :ochocolateallergies:o

Re: Didn't like my CNA class, will I like RN?

As long as you're considering RN from CNA you might as well do a little investigating into becoming an LPN as well.

These articles will help: http://www.nursingprograms.com/licen...ractical-nurse, http://www.nursingprograms.com/licen...ractical-nurse

Good luck finding your true passion.