Thread: Transitioning Medical Scrubs

Transitioning Medical Scrubs

There was a recent article discussing the changing nature of medical scrubs. They began as blank slates, working clothes that were white and light reflecting. It is interesting to see how far the scrubs apparel industry has come, introducing women's scrub pants and now flower and character prints. The age old solid colored scrubs is over and now is the time of self expression and creativity. Scrubs take on many new forms and companies are expanding not only into basic medical scrubs but also medical shoes. Schools can now embroider their logo onto the scrubs. Its fascinating to think of what new turn scrubs will take on next.

Ricu

Re: Transitioning Medical Scrubs

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubfan View Post
    There was a recent article discussing the changing nature of medical scrubs. They began as blank slates, working clothes that were white and light reflecting. It is interesting to see how far the scrubs apparel industry has come, introducing women's scrub pants and now flower and character prints. The age old solid colored scrubs is over and now is the time of self expression and creativity. Scrubs take on many new forms and companies are expanding not only into basic medical scrubs but also medical shoes. Schools can now embroider their logo onto the scrubs. Its fascinating to think of what new turn scrubs will take on next.
    I've been trying to find something other than basic solid color or two-tone scrubs for men. S.C.R.U.B.S. was one manufacturer that had really nice stuff for guys that was cool and professional but they're no longer out there. Anybody have ideas? I'm interested

R

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricu View Post
    I've been trying to find something other than basic solid color or two-tone scrubs for men. S.C.R.U.B.S. was one manufacturer that had really nice stuff for guys that was cool and professional but they're no longer out there. Anybody have ideas? I'm interested

R
    Though not a man myself I bought a series of scrub shirts that featured muscle cars which were pretty cool.... Can't remember where I got them though. Also I know NFL, MLB and NASCar also liscence scrub designs just google NFR+Scrubs etc....

Peace and Namaste

Smile Re: Transitioning Medical Scrubs

I'm now looking for a new line of lower priced soft scrubs. I bought my latest ButterSoft uniforms from Uniform Advantage but found the pants pockets to be too small, the fabric wrinkles easily, and the scrub tops don't survive problem perspiration for very long. I used to like the house brand that Uniform City had, but unfortunately they no longer offer a house brand. And I definitely don't like spending big bucks for uniforms.

Ricu

I wore hospital issue scrubs forever- like the pairs I had were twenty years old and still looked good. The only reason I replaced them was because I was sick and tired of the baggy fit and drawstring waist band. I'm wearing scrubs now called Fundamentals from a company called White Swan. They're really designed for a man's build, have good sized pockets in the right places and the fabric is soft and light weight. I wouldn't say they will hold up to a lot of wear but they weren't really costly either. Cali, they have a wide selection for women too. Hppy, I'll look into those sites for printed scrub shirts, thanks. Maybe I'm dating myself but whatever happened to Aztec and African prints? I saw a cool tropical fish reef shirt on a guy not too long ago and he has one with tropical birds too. I found out they were from S.C.R.U.B.S.- of course. Maybe I should be looking for bunnies, unicorns and Hello Kitty so I can have a wide selection of styles and colors. I'm not sure the fit will be right though.

R

Smile Re: Transitioning Medical Scrubs

Ricu, you can't go wrong with bunnies, unicorns, and Hello Kitty.

They still have NFL, NBA, and NASCAR scrubs out there. Interestingly though, the NFL scrub pants will be discontinued.

cali510 There is actually a brand out there called softscrubs, you should look into them. They are 65% Polyester, 35% cotton so they don't wrinkle as easily.

Ricu, I recommend looking into Skechers new line of scrubs, they have a lot of variety and include many empire waist top fits. They have fun designs in bright colors!