Thread: Experience With Going to Hearing???

Experience With Going to Hearing???

I used while on probation and submitted specimens that were not my own to make it worse. 7 months....REALLY clean and sober but facing a tough decision. Surrender my license or go to hearing. I've done all the "right things" since but it might be a "little too late".
    Anyone have any experience with going to hearing???slap

I have sat before the disability advisory committee. Have no experience with a hearing. If you want to continue nursing I say go to the hearing and face the music. Part of our recovery is growing up and facing our wreakage. Plenty of people relapse, slip whatever. I am sure you are not the first to do something like this. I wish you courage, hope and strength. You can get through this, the point is to go through it, don't run. (We love to run).
    Tracey

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    Tracey is right we do love to run from this disease - It all depends on if you want to continue as a nurse. If you do go to the hearing. I would suggest you go to the hearing in any case. You can see what they have to say and if they make suggestions/demands you feel you can't handel you can always relinquish your license then, but if you go before the board and they simply extend your probation you can do that standing on your head.

Peace and Namaste

Hppy

Re:Hearing

Thanks so much you guys!!! My stongest inclination has been to go to hearing....Then I listen to people and begin to doubt. One counselor in particular who has had some experience with this. I realize that the worst part of it is in the deception by suppling specimens that were not my own. If I surrender now I avoid the court costs and it's only 2 years as opposed to 3 to re-apply. If, at that point they still rule against me and I'm revoked I've been told it's even harder to get reinstated.
    However I'm on a medication now that if I were to use could kill me. If that doesn't speak volumes????
    I never thought about the fact of "facing the music" for my wreckage. Surrender would definitely be "the easier softer way" and believe it or not...I really want to stay on probation. Hey happygr8ful you sound like you have an awesome program....Thanks again

Thumbs up

I also think you should go to the hearing. The only way you are going to get a chance at providing your side of the story and to get even the most remote stab at improving the situation is to go through with the hearing. Best wishes for you to get through this and come out on the other side in a better state of health.