I haven't written in awhile so i need to share my home health nightmares this year. I am a rn in so. Texas. I was the one fired from otto kaiser memorial hospital in kenedy tx for "knocking on a hospice patient's door too loudly, talking too loud, and turning on the lights" to give morphine sl.
So i am wandering around trying to figure out what a fired 58yo rn can do and who has limited clinical exp. I spent majority of 23 years nursing in home health which to me has gotten out of control with regs and paperwork!
I have worked only 1.5 months this year last august/september; this was for legacy home health/hospice in corpus christi tx. Warning: To all nurses and other medical staff, i am still trying to collect my full paycheck and some mileage; i resigned and my last day was sept. 14th. This agency was beyond dysfunctional. The wound care and follow up was unacceptable to nursing and medical standards! There is much more; however i am weary of repeating the facts.
In may this year i was told i have a job with texas health care solutions in san antonio tx. I called the next day to check whether the co. Would consider benefits from day one. The newly hired (3 days) don informed me that my job offer was rescinded!!!! Isn't that professional!!!
So i am broke in more ways than one! Needless to say i have no insurance and i do have the typical problems most american men have in their fifties, htn, hyperlipidemia, dm-2, and now a-fib/a-flutter. I am so damned frustrated with life right now!
Are unstable employers all located in texas now? And of course ,in texas, governor rick "pretty boy" perry coddles the businesses with watered down regs and seems to encourage unethical behavior.
Well thats all for now. Are there others out there with employer related difficulties? If so i would like to hear them and hopefully someone out there might know how to help. If anything, some government agencies that will make these unethical companies miserable and fearful of action against them!