Thread: Sunday, JAN 16, 2011

Sunday, JAN 16, 2011

Cat, I do hope your holding up & filled with new found strength. It is never easy coping with the loss of a loved one, especially so close. You know your mother is now at a better place. I hope your inner strength helps guides you towards acceptance, as well as an inner peace. As you know, the one most vulnerable is your father. To suddenly no longer have the one he has loved for 53+ years has got to be devastating. I'm glad your father has someone like you to help ease his emotional pain. Of course, you need support, too. We here at UN site are praying for you!

May God be with you & your family.

Now... must continue my morning prep time to get ready for my 12 hr shift.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Good morning, Soldiernurse, and thanks for starting the thread. I'd been up earlier, but went back to sleep after a while.

Dad is himself; only saw one crack in his armor yesterday. Of course, what makes me think he'd change?

2 years ago, Mom was in the hospital d/t the a-fib and CHF., and lately we'd just talked about what her MD had said---there is no cure, just treatment of symptoms. Am sure she is at peace, and yes, I miss her and always will.

Thanks for the support.

So sorry to read of your loss Cat. If there is anything I can do to help, please drop me a line. Our prayers are with you, your Dad, and your Mom.

Hey, Cali; long time no see! Thanks heaps---I will remember what you all have said, I promise. Am sure everything will kick in worse later.

Just whipped out my Me-Surg book, and did some searching. As I thought, the MI was more than likely d/t her dx's of CHF, past a-fib., and she'd been so tired---couldn't walk far at times. Guess I'd seen that too often, and kew it was a-coming. Doesn't make it better, though. Do I make any sense?

Gonna head over to see Dad in a while, and am meeting up with my Aunt. We'll probably hammer out something more definate then.

I'll be around.

Well, got through the day----somehow. Went to the folks, got some things worked on and ironed out. Dad was on the phone, my aunt and I looked for clothes, and we had a neighbor stop by to offer condolences. Then, more phone calls. Kept us focused, I tell ya. Mom would be twirling, but that is another story.

I am heading off to bed; am sure you understand.

'Cat'