Thread: Monday, January 17, 2011

Ricu

Monday, January 17, 2011

Good morning everyone,

I haven't been around much lately but it's not for lack of interest. Life has us scattered all over the place doing way too much. Along the way, many of us were suddenly pulled up short by life's speed bumps and pitfalls. Loved ones fell sick and died, our own health failed, and relationships ended. In contrast, new life began, relationships formed and long awaited opportunities came our way.

When life changing things happen, we refocus and learn again what is meaningful and gives us purpose and those who walk with us and truly love us become even more apparant.

I'm sure you all have been up for hours by now and this is NOT the first thing you've seen today but this is my wish: Know that somebody is always walking with you.

R

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Monday January 17, 2011

Morning Ya'll,

Cat my prayers go out to you and your family - for some reason the country song "Holes in the floor of Heaven" keeps going through my head. Know that you mom's suffering is ended and that she is healed by God's hand.

It's MLK day today and all my folks are home which gives me a rare chance to see them all and perform skind integrity inspections. It's gonna be a long day but worth it to see everyone.

Peace and Namaste

Hppy

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Gaaaaaah! Finally a few minutes to myself. Went tearing around here this AM, to get to the Funeral home by 10 am. Of course----snow is falling. Thank God for traction control. Spent 2 1/2 hours going over stuff, and got alot done.

Dad is his normal self (then again, define normal). He went over everything, questioning like an inspector or instructor would do. Had to remind him that, even though he dealt with his sisters' funeral etc., we are in a different state, and there are different regulations, blah blah blah. Thankfully, my aunt helped alot in getting through to him. Of course, I am just his daughter; what the heck do I know? Then again, we had some good laughs during the sit down. Am sure the Director has seen it all.

Been playing Ronnie Milsap on YouTube. Mom saw him in concert many years ago, and I felt that it was appropriate to crank Smoky Mountain Rain.

My head is aching just a bit, but I expected it. Will crawl in a hole later, and collapse in a heap.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Just saw that there were 2 Threads started today; they are merged. Hey, no problem there. We are never given any more than we are able to handle. In fact, sometimes we are able to look back and have a good laugh about it. Has happened before on this end.

Back to patrolling the site for a while.