Thread: Dems To GOP: Show Us Your Health Insurance : Shots - Health Blog : NPR

Dems To GOP: Show Us Your Health Insurance : Shots - Health Blog : NPR

Dems To GOP: Show Us Your Health Insurance : Shots - Health Blog : NPR:"With Republicans on Capitol Hill still trying every legislative manuever they can think of to undo last year's health law, it was probably only a matter of time before Democrats tried a gambit of their own.

Now a House bill being pushed by Democrats would require Republicans to publicly state whether or not they are accepting taxpayer-subsidized health benefits under the Federal Employee Health Benefits Program.

They're entitled to such coverage as members of Congress, but Democrats say it's hypocritical for Republicans who are voting to take health coverage away from millions of Americans to accept coverage subsidized by those same people."
    http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2011...1&f=1128&sc=tw

Won't it be interesting to see who is still accepting the generous government benefits, while working to deny coverage to those who have none?

Andrew Lopez, RN
    Let's Connect! http://www.nursefriendly.com/social/

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    It is interesting that in Wisconsin, the 'union workers' do better than the supposed Middle Class. Then, all the hubbub.

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    If I were a Republican member of congress I would say "Sure I'll show you mine if you show me yours!" The truth is all members of congress quailfy for Federally Funded Health Insurance and have a choice of 14 different health plans to choose from and it's absolutely free to them all. But the Heathcare reform wants to force all Americans to purchase health insurance or face criminal penalties (which by the way is unconstitutional). And of course once they make people buy insurance they get to set the price! In the form of taxes. In most countries with single payer Govt healthcare the average citizen pays 65% of their wages in taxes and the still have to wait in line for a colonoscopy. Then they can't get elective surgery. Did you know that under the Canadian system all Cancer surgeries are considered "elective"

Ok Ok ranting again..........sorry

H

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    No, you are NOT ranting! You are a p. o.'d consumer.