Thread: Fun at work

Fun at work

share your funny stories of nursing with us

I love it when you pull a Pulse Ox off the finger and then the pt farts.I then quickly exit the room for 5 minutes leaving the pt and his family in there.

How about pulling off the pulse ox and you are the one passing gas?

Ricu
    I don't think there's anything more funny that to see a "dignified" doctor wrapped up in a surgical gown and paper bouffant hat expecting to be taken seriously. I can do it but sometimes it's hard. Honestly guys, wear the surgeon's cap. We have a female surgeon with long blond hair and even she wears the surgeon's cap instead of the mushroom. Okay, maybe I'm being sexist but the thing looks silly perched on top of someone's head unless there's a lot of hair tucked up into it.

R

I have a lot of hair to tuck into a cap. I just had 8 inches cut off. And I still have a long pony tail. So Ricu I do not understand why you think you are being sexist.....

Ricu
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeituptom View Post
    I have a lot of hair to tuck into a cap. I just had 8 inches cut off. And I still have a long pony tail. So Ricu I do not understand why you think you are being sexist.....
    Well Tom, some may take my speculation on male vs. female attire as profiling so I thought I might just make the disclaimer. Obviously the hat style is preference or simply what's available.

Work should be fun. I really find my work to be fun as well as rewarding, challenging, satisfying.