Guess what we had today. A Mock Joint Survey. So we paid someone to come tell us what we did wrong. And guess who got picked to go sit and talk to the Surveier and DON, nurse manager and nursing ed people....you're right ME. I wasn't like it wasn't me with 15 patients a couple of students and a RN pulled from another unit for the first time. So I had to go sit for 1 1/2 hours (most sitting I got to do today) and answer questions like..."what makes you qualified to take care of a post op c-section" how do you know how to do this?? what are the policies on this?? where would you find this information?? What do you do in this situation??? I did fine there were a few things that weren't fine but I didn't do it Then I just had to go back out right at change of shift and catch up with dry IV's, meds, docs etc etc etc. At our hospital they give out play money when you do extra shifts, get good patient reviews, do extra things (like this)...I better get my play money LOL you can use it in the cafe, gift shop, pharmacy etc. I'm also working 8 hours tomorrow which was a day off.