Thread: Hi to All

Hi to All

I am new to this site. I am a pediatric home health nurse. I have been nursing for 17 yrs, 12 of those yrs in the home health field. I absolutely love my job. I am from central Illinois where I have lived most of my life. Look forward in hearing from some of you.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: Hi to All

Hi, pedsnrs! Nice to meet you. There are quite a few other nurses from Illinois here (me included).

I hope you hang out here often!

'Cat'

Member Extraordinaire

Hi and welcome. I did peds home health for about 5 years in western KY and really liked it. I've been in L&D for the last 6 years this is where I'll stay now. I did hospital peds before the HH and liked it too. I've also taught OB/Peds clinicals but not doing that this semester. I will teach some professional nursing lectures this semester for a transistion class.

hi and welcome! I'm a peds nurse too. I would love to do home health, but we don't even have that in my area as far as I know. The Home health agencies do all ages, not just peds. I bet your job is a lot of fun. Do you do hospice too?
    Michelle RN-BSN, CSW
    ER - 1 year
    Peds - 8 years
    PACU - just starting

Actually this is my first time visiting. I've been looking for nursing chat rooms to keep me busy on those boring 3rd shift nites. To answer Michelle's question, I have done some hospice, not with peds pts. It's not my cup of tea. It's not the dying part that bothers me. It is how relaxed they are with the way they do things. I guess I'm just too by the book and if a pain patch says q 3 hrs and hospice says q 1-2 hrs(they are doing to die anyway is what I'm told), then I have a problem. I agree whole heartedly with keeping them comfortable and all but I also feel I need to follow drs orders. So I only take those cases if they truely can't find anyone else. I love the kids I care for alot. They keep me young. I have 2 right now that keep me busy. I go from watching Dora the Explorer and the Backyardigans to 8th grade. No wonder my kids are ready to put me in a padded room. Anyway, great to be on and look forward in talking with you all soon.

sorry, late post...

Welcome pedsnrs1! I look forward to reading many more of your post.

BTW, congrats to da Bears!
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Welcome to Ultimate Nurse!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][U][B]Marie[/B][/U], RN in O.R, pursuing BSN, semester [U]?[/U] of [U]?[/U]:)[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]Supposedly 8 out of 10 people suffer from hemorrhoids. Does that mean that the other 2 people [I]enjoy[/I] them???:confused:[/B][/FONT]
    [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT][/B]
    [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]My little peapod has arrived :).[/FONT][/B]