Thread: has any one done AGE CARE AIN

has any one done AGE CARE AIN

DOSE ANY ONE NO WHAT IS THIS MEAN

What is meant be the term 'Holistic Care'?

b) What is 'empathy'?

c) How do these two terms apply to the role of the Aged Care Worker?

Re: has any one done AGE CARE AIN

Holistic care is caring for an elder completely looking at ever part of the elder to make their life as best as possible, not just physical but emotional and spiritual as well, treat them with complete respect and dignity remembering that it is their life not yours. Mind you this is just my opinion. Empathy is basical being able to walk the walk with the elders being able to put ones self in their shoes, once again being able to make elders feel comfortable relaxed keeping hold of their dignity, and remembering your duty of care to each elder. As you work with each elder give them the best of care that you can.

hi thanks for your reply i have worked it out look every were for it but found it thanks you for your replay but :houra: are you a nurse

I have work in the aged care industry for 2 years, as an AIN, for a year I worked in high care and special unit and this pst year in lowcare. Each area has its special moments and different degrees of working skills but every Elder is just so preciuos. Good luck with your studies as you embark on a wonderous journey.

i worked as an AIN in a variety of nursing homes when i was studying for my RN's degree.

empathy to me, is being able to understand what is happening to a patient- in this case, the geriatric patient. things like depression and malnutrition are common and neglected in the elderly population, but these are very important issues, and by being empathetic, you are being understanding and you acknowledge what the patient is going through.

holistic care is providing care to cover all aspects of the persons needs- physical, emotional, spiritual, religious, etc.

these apply to the aged care worker because AIN's have such a huge contact base with these patients, and are at the forefront of providing holistic care, under the supervision of a EEN or RN, and to report to the EEN or RN any problems/changes.