Thread: Palm Springs- Eisenhower Med. Ctr.

Palm Springs- Eisenhower Med. Ctr.

Anyone have any thoughts, experiences with Eisenhower Med Center in Palm Springs?

What about Cirrus Staffing?

I'm considering "testing the waters"....OOOOoooo I'm scared but having been a nurse for a very long time....I feel like I can pretty much do anything for the short term!

Thanks in advance for any input!
    Judi

THE WOODS ARE LOVELY, DARK AND DEEP BUT I HAVE PROMISES TO KEEP AND MILES TO GO BEFORE I SLEEP..........................................R. Frost

Re: Palm Springs- Eisenhower Med. Ctr.

Hello. I am living in Palm Springs now doing an assignment at Desert Regional. I have a friend who works at Desert and Eisenhower. She really likes her job there, but she said Desert pays better. Its very nice out here. Desert Regional is a great place to work. I don't know anything about Cirrus, but if you want a great company to work for INA is awesome and they get better pay rates than a lot of other companies. My recruiter is Shawn. His number at INA is 1-888-411-4462. If you call tell him Donna who is working at Desert Regional recommended you. This company has gone above and beyond for me and I am very grateful.

Donna

Hey just finishing up at Eisenhower, placed through RNnetwork staying sixteen weeks assigned to 3N floated no more than normal. If you go wirh RN mention my name!!
    P.S. Ask for some place other than Desert Oasis Apartments. Nice place, crappy management. Good Luck

Smile Re: Palm Springs- Eisenhower Med. Ctr.

Thanks much for info!

I have to make a decision this week!

Y'all are great!
    Judi

Hey yall,
    this assignment is up for offer to me as well. Can anyone tell me th erental situation in the area for Eisenhower? what to expect for fees and what places should I shop for a apt.?

Thanks,
    C

Thumbs up Re: Palm Springs- Eisenhower Med. Ctr.

Just wanted to let you know I am still here at Desert Regional Medical Center. It is really cool so far. Everyone has been very nice and welcome travelers with open arms. It is a Level 2 Trauma Center so if you like trauma, you are in a good place. I feel that I made a very wise choice. I have been in orientation this week and usually it is SO boring, but this has been a good orientation. We do nursing orientation tomorrow. This whole area from Palm Springs to Indio is super nice. I don't know anything about apartments near Rancho Mirage where Eisenhower is, but DO NOT use Palm Springs II and let you get stuck there, they are ancient.

Donna

What is Palm Springs II ? Please enlighten me!

I have no aversion to working hard, real hard, but don't want to get into a position that is unsafe or a "dump".

You raise another question I have had Donna.....the orientation.....do most facilites offer a good orientation for travelers?

Thanks for the info!

Judi

Smile Re: Palm Springs- Eisenhower Med. Ctr.

Judi:

Palm Springs II is a pretty old group of Condo's here in Palm Springs. But thanks to my great recruiter, Shawn at INA, I will be moving into a very nice house on the 1st since there are no washer/dryers, dishwasher, etc in these condos. Some hospitals give you a one day orientation, some hospitals only give you a 1 day floor orientation, some offer a full week of orientation with several days on the floor for orientationl. Here at Desert Regional, they give you a 1/2 day of ethics, 1 full day of hospital orientation, 1 full day of nursing orientation and then 3 days of floor orientation. I just finished the classroom orientations and they were very good and informative. I have done my first day of floor orientation and tomorrow nite I do my second nite, in which I will only take 2 patients and then on my 3rd nite I will take a full group of pts, either 4-5. This is really a very traveler friendly hospital.

Donna

Thanks for the clarification and info Donna!

You have been very helpful!

I hope you have a great weekend....and perhaps I will get to meet you one of these days!

Your current position sounds very doable....right up my alley...I'll keep you posted!

Thanks again.
    Be well and happy!
    Judi