i am a nurse working in a nursing home here in NY. i am under an "impossible" contract. we are hired from the philippines with a contract to work with the facility for 2 years. my problem is, i am asked to handle 30-40 patients at any given shift. we normally have 3-4 aides per shift but their duties are just to feed and clean the residents. the medication and treatment and all other responsibilities lie on us, nurses. my question is, is there a law here in Ny about nurse to resident ratio in nursing homes?you wouldn't believe the heaviness of the load even if it is just a nursing home. it is called a nursing home but we have some residents in ventilators, we have agitated residents, demented residents, very ill patients etc... i hope our legislators here in NY will do something about it. i pity the residents since we can only do so much. they do not get quality care anymore. the facilities are scrimping and are really understaffed. there should be a legislation addressing this concern.