Thread: Right choice for a soon to be LPN student

Anonymous

Right choice for a soon to be LPN student

Hey everyone, I am about to get into the LPN program and wanted to know what you guys think about somthing. I have a 3 year old so I have to have daycare. Well, the area I live in has two schools I could attend for the program. One school is a 40 min drive, but offers good daycare that I can afford. The other school is way closer to me but daycare is a little more expensive. I am wondering what some of you guys had to do as far as kids, day care, and the early morning classes. Any advice would really help. Thank you

Re: Right choice for a soon to be LPN student

Day care is usually a big problem when it comes to issues like this. I was faced with such too.however, I would go for the one i can afford even though it means driving that far. It's only for a short period. Another important factor is you may have to find out their time. (Opening and closing time). If you have a clinical assignment at 6.30 and they open about 6-6.30am. You can be sure of running late to clinical site, or if you have to stay up in school until about 6-7pm when day care closes by 6pm...you know, you reallly have to put all those into consideration and be able to come up with one that suits your schedule...
    Goodluck