Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Legalize Marijuana

Re: Legalize MJ

Declaration of Independence was written on hemp paper which was common for that era. Hemp was also used to make rope or as we sailors call it "line" during this era as well.
    Barry Manilow didn't write I Write The Songs. Bruce Johnston did.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSquidNewNurse View Post
    Declaration of Independence was written on hemp paper which was common for that era. Hemp was also used to make rope or as we sailors call it "line" during this era as well.
    I'm sorry, but you are wrong. the declaration of independance is written on parchment, probably made from sheeps skin. A tear in it was repaired at one time using "japanese paper," the only "paper like product" at all used on it. That's not to say that copies of it were not written on hemp paper as it was cheap and widely used at the time, but the original document is not written on hemp. That is just a simple fact.

one other tidbit of information, the copy on display at the national archives, what is considered the original copy (the one with John Han****'s large signature) is called the engrossed copy or the parchment copy.

Re: Legalize Marijuana

As stated by someone else earlier, It is uncommon to see trauma induced by marijuana. It is very uncommon to see trauma from assaults due to weed. They just get hungry and eat. You do not see overdoses from marijuana, they just get hungry, eat and sleep.

Yes, alcohol is far far worse. Lets legalize marijuana, and make booze illegal again. Alcohol is involved in so many deaths.

Marijuana is the single leading cash crop in 14 different states. This is not new. That is immense. Make it legal and tax it we can not only fully support education, we can also fully support a United Health Care System. With some left over to help support the illegal wars GW Bush got us into. While at the same time severely decreasing the power of the world wide various drug cartels.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeituptom View Post
    As stated by someone else earlier, It is uncommon to see trauma induced by marijuana. It is very uncommon to see trauma from assaults due to weed. They just get hungry and eat. You do not see overdoses from marijuana, they just get hungry, eat and sleep.

Yes, alcohol is far far worse. Lets legalize marijuana, and make booze illegal again. Alcohol is involved in so many deaths.

Marijuana is the single leading cash crop in 14 different states. This is not new. That is immense. Make it legal and tax it we can not only fully support education, we can also fully support a United Health Care System. With some left over to help support the illegal wars GW Bush got us into. While at the same time severely decreasing the power of the world wide various drug cartels.

Why do you think that you don't see trauma from people smoking pot? It impares someones perceptions, just like booze does. just like booze, some people get mellow and some people get maniac after ingesting it. There is a reason why it is illegial, and it has nothing to do with any big conspiracy theory, its illegial becasue it's dangerous. So is booze, yes, but that is another argument and not at all relevant to this one. saying that just because alchol kills people too and is legal so therefore pot should be too is a ridiculous statement. Ever heard two wrongs don't make a right?

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Just my 2 cents worth: Prohibition didn't stop consumption or production of alcohol; in fact, JFK's dad was a known runner. I have seen too many accidents from ETOH, and none from pot.

I say perhaps the 'farming' of pot should be allowed, but only stuff known to have the lower amounts of what may cause the 'mania'. Hey, corn is tested, and genetically altered, so.....just stuff to think about.

If they legalize it in California, I am moving. Otherwise I am waiting a few more years until I am 65 and retired, then I have a closet in my Man Cave I can convert to a little grow room.

I agree with the legalization, in fact, of all drugs, but I pose the question: How is the government profiting off of weed being illegal?
    My goal - weight loss .

Quote Originally Posted by zelem View Post
    I agree with the legalization, in fact, of all drugs, but I pose the question: How is the government profiting off of weed being illegal?
    Who said anything about the government making a profit? It is costing the government billions (in our tax dollars coming out of our paychecks).

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.4nursing.com

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Just to be curious, I wonder how many are going to try using this thread as a jump point to legalize the stuff?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast