Thread: Cpr/aed

Cpr/aed

My CPR/AED certification expired the end of April so I needed to re-new it. I googled to find a class and found out that you can now take the class online. I went to Online CPR Certification - Online First Aid Certification - CPR Course & First Aid Course - American Health Care Academy. I found lots of different companies but the main reason that I chose this one is because alot of the other companies did not have a phone number that they could be easily reached out and be sure that I did my research before just taking a course online. They did inform me that some hospitals may not accept so heads up you may want to check with your hospital or place of work before taking the course, but its a great alternative to a classroom setting especially if it's just for re-cert.

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Cpr/aed

Careful! This on-line course is NOT approved by the American Heart Association, so will most likely NOT be acceptable at most schools & hospitals! I'd stay away!
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen

Smile Re: Cpr/aed

I just decided to stick with a traditional provider to avoid the inconvenience and added expense of having to repeat the class.

Re: Cpr/aed

From what I've read about on line is that you still have to go through clinical at an approved hospital. Waste of time. Read the fine lines