Thread: Issues w/ contract

Thumbs down Issues w/ contract

I would everyone one's opinion about my issue. I have a contract that was signed that had my vacation time listed. It was to be on week 3 of contract. Manager was on vacation week 1. Told during 2nd day of week 2 that I can't go. I just started at this facility. I was moved to to a different unit a few days before my start date (after contract was signed). I told manager A about my vacation time and she stated that that was ok. I forgot to tell manager B about my vacation even though it was specified in my contract. Manager B is refusing to allow me to go to vacation d/t unit being short those days. This vacation has been schedule for almost a year. I don't want to call in sick for 3 days but I don't know what else to do. My recruiter is working on my situation. My question is, is this totally my fault? I realize I should have mentioned it to manager B. Is the facility in the right for stating that I have to work on those days? Also, could there be some for of "retaliation" from the facility?

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Issues w/ contract

This is not your fault- the new manager should have reviewed your contract. Hopefully, your recruiter can work it out for you. Because it is in your contract, denying you your promised time off would be grounds for you to break your contract, if you choose to. I would tread very carefully in this situation, because if you do end up getting the week off, your manager could be pissed off, and could make the rest of your time there miserable.
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen