Thread: Pre-Nursing Jobs

Pre-Nursing Jobs

So I need to do my pre-requirements for nursing school. What do you think the best jobs I could have while I am going to school in a healthcare setting? Is there anyone doing CNA work? What do you think of it? Are there any other directions I should consider. Thanks in advance.

Greg

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Pre-Nursing Jobs

lots of students do CNA work any assistive position in a hospital or nursing home. Lab techs, secretary, x-ray assist anything that will put you close to the medical fienld where you an learn patient care, medical terms etc will help after a semester or 2 of clinicals you can get a student nurse job. It depends on the state and the hospital what students are allowed to do.

Re: Pre-Nursing Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by BSTOBSN
    So I need to do my pre-requirements for nursing school. What do you think the best jobs I could have while I am going to school in a healthcare setting? Is there anyone doing CNA work? What do you think of it? Are there any other directions I should consider. Thanks in advance.

Greg
    I worked as a CNA all through Nursing school. It was a great experience. I can't say I always enjoyed it, but at the same time, I learned so much. Often when I was taking tests and I couldn't choose the right answer I would think about what was done for one of the patients I had helped as a CNA, and bingo the right answer! It really is great preparation for nursing.