Just venting a little. Nurse "leaders" are fond of claiming that if only all nurses possess BSN's, the public will start to view nurses as true professionals. Well, I just started orientation at a facility where a male supervisor presented himself at work wearing a t-shirt that said, "Save a Virgin. Do Me". I don't know. I really don't care what people wear in their personal lives but it seems to me that if I were a patient or a family member visiting and needed to speak to the nursing supervisor I would not be too impressed with someone who shows up to work in an outfit such as that. Actually I would probably find it offensive and would not be too inclined to think of that nurse as a professional person. People like that demean the profession and only contribute to the public's already poor image of nurses. It should be up to individual nurses to show some respect for their patients, patients' families and co-workers by showing up to work appropriately dressed; not sporting clothing better left to be worn in a person's private life. As I said, just venting a little.