Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reviews on Companies

Anonymous

Re: Reviews on Companies

Sure you can mention my name, Bobette.

I have been traveling since July 2002. I worked in Danbury CT chronic inhouse unit.. Fresenius 2008H. 17 weeks. The Norwalk CT Gambro Cobe3 13 weeks.. The Carson City DCI Fresenius 2008H.. 6 weeks. The 20 weeks SF Bay area Cali. Davita Fresenius 2008H. Now in NC Davita 2008H.

Davita staffs very lean.. CT has staffing ratios for dialysis units ..Half the staff has to be licensed. In Danbury we were all RN's...Cake walk. Union hospital. They are building a new unit and will add six stations.. Fresenius and Gambro wanted to buy them out.. HMMMMMM
    Fresenius is fazing out the H and going to the K..I would love to learn the Phoenix...
    RCG bought out NNA.

I love my dialysis patients cuz I can fuss at them and mother them..LOLL

Good Luck

WR,,, three commas for Becca

Winding..... okay, great, will post and let you know if I do something with qt or foundation. My hubbie and I are going on a 7 day cruise to the Bahamas next week for our anniversary so I won't get involved in any searching until after that.

Anyway, I worked for Gambro, they started leaning more toward the Cobe lately but I can't see them chucking out all the mx's just to change. They burned me out and I went back to ER. When I started working for them I was to have 24hour a day call mon-fri with every weekend off, and believe me mon-fri had plenty of 16 hr days! But then needed me to take 2 weekends on call, so I basically had about 4 days out of an entire month that I was not on call. Then to add to it, made me start covering a 2nd acute unit at another hospital 45 mins away. So here I am with 2 beepers, four days a month without call. I'd be at one facility running a pt and getting beeped by the other facility-geez! When I told them I was quiting they begged and begged, offered $1.00/hour raise to stay (PLEASE!). So that's why I got back out of it, I did get attached to the pts and still see some of them from time to time in the ER, they all tell me they really miss me.

Have a great week! Nancy

Anonymous

That's why I don't do acutes.. I work 12 days a month...5 days off every other weekend... I work Wed Fri Sat off Sun then Mon Tues Thurs ....Then off Fri Sat Sun Mon Tues...

Have fun on vacation;;

Davita now has it's own Travel RN department.

WWW.Davita.com

Advantages
    You eliminate the middleman agency and their cut. Plus same flowsheets, software, machines at each unit. Stable health insurance, 401k etc

Chronic Dialysis is great, no nights, no weekends, techs do the dirty work and heavy lifting.

I am working for the same company another RN is working for. (she referred me & we have the same recruiter). She has GREAT housing, BEAUTIFUL furniture, & a microwave. I have great references, work lots of OT, & the hospital is aking me to renew. But my housing is less than desirable & the recruiter won't change anything...unless I pay to move myself & pay to upgrade my furniture. Of course, I'm going to keep on traveling but I am going to change companies. Good luck!

Anonymous

They are trying to get it off the ground..They have an opening for a director of the program. They want an HR person...

They offered me $30/hour.. I am making $35 on the outside with good bennies too..Nurses in Cali are making that with OT after 8 and DT after 12.. Why would any of them go somewhere else for straight $30/hr? I had a guy call me in Sept 2002 about it and they still don't have it working.

Davita also staffs license wise very lean. I dilayze 36 on MWF with an LPN to give meds and 5 techs..Many days I am the only licensed person in the building. On TTS I dilayze 26 WITHOUT a med nurse and only 3 techs...I have worked in Davita units as a traveler ( not for them ) for a year now.. Time to move on to Gambro..

The down side is that you probably have to go where they tell you to go.. And all those licenses can be a PIA..

I would rather work for a travel company and pick and chose my assignments.. Davita has all it can do to do dialysis let alone trying to run a travel division

IMHO..

P.S. Many days I have patients to boot..And Davita's treatment sheet sux...Big time... OMG.. If techs can't do catheters, like they CAN'T in Cali you are gonna get your hands dirty...

I am new to the travel world and loving it! I am getting ready for my third 13 wk contract in California....I dont for see myself ever going through any other agency than PULSE! They have helped me enjoy life again! Thanks Pulse and Thank you too Nick Cunningham...the best recruiter in the world....CIVICU JON jadamsthern@hotmail.com

HAVE BEEN WITH THE SAME CO FOR ABOUT A YEAR NOW.I HAVE THE
    BEST RECRUITER.SHE'S ALWAYS READY TO LISTEN AND DOESN'T SPAZ OUT EASILY.THATS WHAT KEEPS ME WITH MED.EXPRESS

Anonymous

I do see one or two problems working Davita's Travel Program.

One it took them forever to get it off the ground, two you probably would have to go where they send you, and they have all they can do to dialyze patients let alone have another division.. Also, Davita staffs very lean on the licensed side and if a tech calls out they have no replacements. So you as the charge nurse become a tech and do charge that day.

JMO..

what is the pay scale at davita?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast