Thread: Needing some help

Needing some help

So I am new to this forum and to travel nursing. I have been trying to do some research online, I think I have found some good websites, but I am still not sure of what travel agency to go with, so any advice would be more than appreciated. I wanted to go with Talemed, but I have read mostly bad reviews, or just really old ones on them, any updates? I mostly want to travel the midwest and east coast. Thank you for any help.

Re: Needing some help

Why not try a companies that have good or better reviews and the ones that have the most traveljobs. I would recommend RN Network, Cross Country travcorp, Nurses in Partnership, Medical Solutions, and there are more. With the travel industry that got really slow last 18 months, it's best to talk w several companies and actually sign on with them so you can get more job opportunities. Check out the above companies job boards and see what they have avail.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

And please post the good reviews, too!

thank you for the suggestion, I will post when I have some more research done, but in the meantime, keep the info coming, thanks

Facebook User

Wow, Ive had traveling in the back of my mind for months now. I just started putting in applications to travel companies this week. Ive noticed that the travel assignments seem very few and far between. This is very disappointing. Is there anyone with some good news about traveling?

Hi, If you want some East coast jobs try White Glove Nursing. They have a lot of NY and NJ openings, I think they are based in NYC. I receive a lot of emails from them re: assignments but I am more in CA or back home in MI.

Hello Chloe, there are a lot of travel agencies out there, I'd read up on a few. This article may shed some light, there is also a lot of information, tips in this forum.

I work agency locally, and have had to sign up with multiple agencies to find 40 hrs/week. When ever someone goes on leave/vacation or out sick, their hours lately have been scooped up by staff nurses. They're trying to pay their bills too.

Born to Roam Travel nurse-turned-entrepreneur gears her agency to nomadic nurses who crave job security, Nurseweek.com:"On the strength of the nursing shortage, Terri Hill, RN, has traveled from the operating room to the boardroom of her own small but growing company, HC Travelers. Travel nursing for the Indianapolis surgical nurse began as a lark with a purpose. It was a chance to reconnect with distant family and-at least by one nurse-alleviate California's desperate need in 1990 for operating room nurses. With her husband and four children in tow, Hill accepted a six-week assignment to a Los Angeles-area hospital. It was a memorable month and a half of work and leisure that years later would lure her back to travel nursing and a career that she could not have imagined."
    http://www.nurseweek.com/news/featur...9/hill_web.asp

More like this, http://www.nursefriendly.com/traveler

Hope that is helpful.

Andrew Lopez, RN

Quote Originally Posted by chloe30 View Post
    So I am new to this forum and to travel nursing. I have been trying to do some research online, I think I have found some good websites, but I am still not sure of what travel agency to go with, so any advice would be more than appreciated. I wanted to go with Talemed, but I have read mostly bad reviews, or just really old ones on them, any updates? I mostly want to travel the midwest and east coast. Thank you for any help.
    All reviews I have read on TaleMed have been good. I have been working for TaleMed for over two years and would recommend them to any RN interested in traveling. They are professional and have always found me the position I was looking for.