Thread: Anyone brought their kids on a travel assignment?

Anyone brought their kids on a travel assignment?

I live in Connecticut and am thinking about trying to get a short assignment in the Tampa/St Pete area of Florida for the summer. I would have to bring my kids, ages 15, 12 and 8 with me. Has anyone else done this and how did it go? My parents and sister live in the area so I will have some options for people to look after my kids while I'm at work or sleeping after working nights. There also seem to be any number of theme oriented camps around that area that would interest my kids, so that is another option. Seems like a lot to put together, though. Any advice?

Lightbulb Re: Anyone brought their kids on a travel assignment?

I started taking my kids (4) around the same age. It was the only way I could afford to take them on a vacation in the summer months as I have always been a single parent. I just stipulated days in the areas that I didn't have a support system and because the oldest one was at the age where she could legally watch the others it worked out great. I now have the oldest three in college at Austin Peay University, DC University, and Syracuse University........ one left to go. I really think that taking them with me has made the best difference.

Re: Anyone brought their kids on a travel assignment?

I have traveled with my 17 year old and husband since I started and would change a thing! We do homeschool, and do alot of field trips.

Smile Re: Anyone brought their kids on a travel assignment?

I am currently with RTG medical staffing and on assighnment in Nags Head NC, I have my daughter who is 26 with me as well as my 3 year old son and have received tremendous support from my company.

I have been traveling for 8 years and have always taken my three girls and husband with me.

I am currently traveling in orlando, florida with my husband and son (2) We will continue to travel until we reach kindergarten. Are there any tips on maybe traveling even when my son starts school, because my husband is going to be a stay at home dad. I just want to make sure my son gets social skills and meets other children,,,,