Ya,
I just freturned from a partial travel assignment with Trustaff, and got screwed out of my last paycheck! They don't return phone calls if they owe you money. I say partial assignment because I left it was soooo bad. I know at least half a dozen travel nurses that came down to the VI for the summer and quit within the first few weeks.

My advice for anyone even thinking of going to the Virgin Islands is "Don't!!!!" and definately DON'T work in ICU!!!!! Why?
1) You're not gonna make any money in the VI. The average hourly pay is $24hr. Trustaff said they would get me over $1000 per week take home. Most of the travel nurses made $900-800 wk for 40 hrs. Plus, food is hella expensive!!! Worse than hawaii. Oh yeah, they don't provide car rental reimbursement either. Plan on an extra $550 min to $700 per month to rent a crummy "island" car.
2) Scheduling sux in ICU. As long as Miss P. and Miss G. are still running the ICU nothing will ever change. You will work 40hr/wk. Days/Nights/Whatever they tell you to, which leaves no time to enjoy paradise.
3) You will get floated to wherever they need you. Qualified or not. A nurse is a nurse.
4) Locals including hospital permanant staff are rude. It is not the happy friendly island that recruiters and travel agents paint it to be. Violent crime is very high - Gang shootings, Machete fights. I met a travel nurse who's husband was stabbed in a bar. I'm just happy to have gotten off the island alive.

The Plus Side:

The hospital itself isn't too bad. It's surprising what they do have like flat screen tv's in the icu rooms, but you can't find a tournaqet to save a life. FYI - there is no hot water. Someone told me they turn it on only when JAICO is there.

It is paradise. St. Thomas beaches are some of the most beautiful in the world. The island itself is kinda trashy though. My advice is go there for vacation. In a 7-10 day trip you can see and do everything there is to do there. Oh, and stay on St. John or go to the BVI. All the cruise ships doc in St. Thomas which makes it very busy and crowded most of the time.

Stay on the Main-land for work. If you want the beach, work in Cali, Texas, or Florida.

Hope this helps someone!