Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thursday, April 15th, 2010

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Thursday, April 15th, 2010

Morning, all! It's Thursday, which means tomorrow is Friday. That leads to-----the WEEKEND!

Ricu, I meant the question to reflect work-wise. Sounds like the trip will be interesting, though. Not sure if I'll take a vacation, seeing as some of the time was 'spent' on the ol' arm. Yeesh.

So what's up, folks? Anything? Did you get the taxes out yet?

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Unhappy Re: Thursday, April 15th, 2010

Well it's been a whole week since my dear husband was laid off - He put out lots of resumes but nothing yet. Having him around the house all day is driving me crazy as he doesn't do anything but sit at the computer. You'd think he could at least clean something!

Hopefully this economy will start to turn soon - as my husband says the Change has happened now we can only Hope he'll find a new job.

At least we got the taxes paid before this happened and we have two full years worth of house payments saved up so we can hold out on my income for a while.

Have a nice day everyone

Peace and Namaste

Hppy

Re: Thursday, April 15th, 2010

Sorry to hea he's still out of luck. I forgot---what did he do for a living?

He's an Electrical Project Manager (Heavy Construction) engineer. I wish all these jobs that have been "saved or created" by the Obama Administration would show up in California

Hppygr8ful

Happy, When I was unemployed. I wrote to my (city,state and federal) representatives and the President. Let them know what's going on? Trust, Folks need to write those folks rather you vote for them or not.. I even look for folks who are over employment or certain 'bill' employment representative. They get their check regardless. Even tho, I dont know how CA representatives are getting paid.. When ya'll governor is selling off his film memorabilia. He needs to do another film and donate his salary to the ppl of CA.

By the Way, I'm unemployed again

*waving*

I went to Publix and saw organic bottle water. Com'on organic bottle water!
    Working on being a happier me!

Ricu

Quote Originally Posted by cougarnurse View Post
    Morning, all! It's Thursday, which means tomorrow is Friday. That leads to-----the WEEKEND!

Ricu, I meant the question to reflect work-wise. Sounds like the trip will be interesting, though. Not sure if I'll take a vacation, seeing as some of the time was 'spent' on the ol' arm. Yeesh.

So what's up, folks? Anything? Did you get the taxes out yet?
    Got it, Cat.

Work is crazy because of high patient census. It's bad when the ED is boarding critical care patients on ventilators and elective surgery has to be cancelled because there will be no unit bed available for you after your AAA repair. Talk about gridlock.

It's really too bad to have to exhaust PTO for medical LOA before disability can be accessed. You should be able to keep at leat a week. People need a little time off to breathe pretty soon after returning to work from a medical leave. It's been stressful, not like you've been off partying. After my own surgical LOA, I will finally have enough time banked up for our summer trip, even though I've been using days here and there. I'm fortunate to have a generous PTO package.

Happy, I'm sorry to hear about your husband's layoff. Damned economy... How are his spirits? You guys were very wise to set money aside for house payments since it seems that your proverbial rainy day has arrived.

Take care, everyone.

R

Ricu, at least it was income! That was decent. Not sure if I'd have been able to get disability, as it was not work related.

Organic bottled water? Geeez, I have a sink and faucet; THAT is my water source.

It's called OpenDNS..

OpenDNS
    Working on being a happier me!

Wink Re: Thursday, April 15th, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Ricu View Post
    Got it, Cat.

Happy, I'm sorry to hear about your husband's layoff. Damned economy... How are his spirits? You guys were very wise to set money aside for house payments since it seems that your proverbial rainy day has arrived.

R
    Thanks for the kind thoughts - Dear Husband (DH) is holding up - his spirits were pretty low over the weekend - He's one of those guys whose never been out of work for more than a week since he was 15 years old and used to having the phone ring off the hook with offers. Still he trucking on - He's a Boy Scout leader(former Eagle) and we had two meetings this week plus planning a camping trip. So we are keeping busy. I'm working my donkey's behind off but at least with our savings I won't have to take a 2nd job.

Tomorrow is Friday and I get to turn my cel phone off at 5 pm until 5am Monday - nice break for me.

Don't forget Saturday is Earth day - so go plant a tree or something.

Enough ramble - Good Night

Peace and Namaste

Hppy

Quote Originally Posted by cougarnurse View Post
    Ricu, at least it was income! That was decent. Not sure if I'd have been able to get disability, as it was not work related.

Organic bottled water? Geeez, I have a sink and faucet; THAT is my water source.
    Disability is not related to work injury so you may be able to collect - If your state has Disability I would apply for sure. If you are going for Social Security Disability it's harder but still worth putting in a claim.

Have a great weekend

Hppy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast