Thread: DOJ sues Florida overdisabled kids in nursing homes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ok but i think parents should learn how to take care of their kids too. most physicians educate the families of patients before they are sent home

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Yes, parents are always taught about their kids' care. In fact, I have met some awesome parents out there.

Unfortunately, 'medically fragile' kids do need much care, and wear out the family, finances......

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    Amy - you seem to be forgetting that the cost of taking care of these kids and also DDMF adults is extremely expensive and that often a parent caregiver cannot work. I would like you to consider walking in the shoes of a parent with a medically fragile developmentally disabled child with seizures etc.... needs to be able to do. It's not just about teaching it's about giving compassion. I can't tell you how many kids we've rescued from well meaning family members who had bed sores, no educational opportunities, social isolation etc..... Florida's system needs to be fixed but shoving fragile children back home to parents who are not equipped to care for them is just as criminal as what is going on now.

Hppy

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    I might add that a large facility for medically fragile kids here in California recently closed due to cuts allowed under Obamacare. It was positively heartbreaking to see these kids in wheelchairs and gurney's being wheeled out and shunted to nursing homes and taken to their parents homes which were not equipped for their care.

Hppy