Thread: I'm just so tired!

I\'m just so tired!

I'm halfway though my first semester and this is sooo tough! So far, 6 students have quit the program and there are quite a few creating "back up plans" for when/if they don't pass this semester.
    I need a 76 to pass, and I'm continously teetering on the edge. I worked so hard to get in!!
    I've always been an A student, and even If I get 100% on every single test until the end of the semester, I only end up with a B, which feels like failing....how do they expect us to master a head to toe evaluation in two days? It's not possible! What if I graduate and don't know what I'm doing??

I do not have good stress management skills, I think I'm going insane!!!!!!!

No one needs to respond to this...Thanks for letting me vent.
    Jenny

Re: I\'m just so tired!

Jenny,

I was there with you. It's hard at first. And as far as worrying about getting out of school and not knowing anything...well, you're right, you won't know anything. That is my opinion. However, you will be prepared with the tools to learn, and learn you will, quickly. I learned more in my 2 weeks of "transition" than I did in all of nursing school. The first six weeks you are out of school you will learn 100X's what you learned in school. That is my "opinion" of course.

Don't worry, just keep passing. It doesn't matter if you pass by one, or if you pass by 10, as long as you pass.

My theory was "just keep stayin' alive!"

Hey Jenny, I know you said no one had to reply to your post, but felt you needed a litle input here. In my first semester as well. We had our second test on intro to nursing yesterday, and the word hard doesnt even fit here. The people who had done the best on the first one felt this was 100% harder. I mean the atmosphere after that test was OMG where did this come from. We will not know our grade untill sometime this week end and wont be able to go over it untill next week. The mood of the class after was soooo very bad. The teacher had to get really angry to get us off that test. She knows how we all felt about it, and hopefully when she grades she will take into consideration some of our complaints. If she doesnt throw out any questions, we feel the class average for this test will be close to 50. The frustration is there. The stress is there. Heres just hoping it all works out for all of us first year students. Will let you know how mine went LOL But i might look a litle different after pulling out what hair I have left.

Keep The Faith

Jerry

thanks
    My boyfriend had to take me out last night a lift my spirits a little. It was nice to get my mind off all this.

Jerry, wow. I guess we don't have it so bad. All our tests are modeled after the NCLEX, so we can get used to the format. It's kinda weird with multiple choice, multiple answer and such...but it's on scantron, so we get our results the same day.
    There is a post from a girl waiting for her results from NLN exam to get back, and suddenly I realized how much I was stressing about getting in, back when I applied for school. All the worring and stress seems really stupid now. I realize that I'll probably look back at this the same way next year.
    We can make it though. It already show initiative that we are on this board getting real world advice and ideas instead of spending 100% of our lives trying to get advice from a text book....that's not where all the answers come from.

LOL Your talking about next year already. I'm going from test to test right now, and looking forward to dec. when this semester will be over. I like to think we will be better prepared for second semester than we were for the first one.But thats only because we are being led in the right direction. Your very right, we do need things to get our minds off all this stressfull stuff now and then. I hope he makes a practice out of it for you : ) Keep in touch and we will see how everyone is doing.

Have Fun

Jerry