Thread: Docs oppose Aetna colonoscopy.....

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Docs oppose Aetna colonoscopy.....

Ok, this is it! Docs oppose Aetna plan on colonoscopies - Yahoo! News
    Thought this was tooo much! Comments?

'Cat'

Re: Docs oppose Aetna colonoscopy.....

Ok Cat, I have mixed emotions about this. Never having the procedure done I can't comment on comfort. However, I can comment on pre-procedural anxiety both professional and personally. I think that patients are quite likely to feel apprehension over the procedure...but can that be alleviated by a little Xanax the morning of the procedure? And how aboout versed? I had versed when I had my Wisodom teeth surgerically removed and do not remember anything and was never uncomfortable.
    What concerns me is the insurance companies once again deciding treatment protocols. I think inusrance companies make too much money, pay too little money on claims and have too much influence in medical decisions.

Just my 2 cents worth...

~BeachyCEN

“Some people think that doctors and nurse can put scrambled eggs back into the shell” Dorothy Canfield Fisher
    ~BeachyCEN

My fiancé had one in 2006. This was done with sedation. The only SE was some nausea and vomiting (thankfully in her mom’s car and not mine). Next time the doctor agreed to give her something for the nausea. However, I do believe that anesthesia should be an option for certain people, but that’s the doctor’s call. I’ve work for a health insurance company for seven years now, and it’s the large national “chains” that give the good ones a bad name.
    Barry Manilow didn't write I Write The Songs. Bruce Johnston did.

Squid, my dad suffered the same SE of n/v; he would NOT do the test any other way. At his age, he says he needs all the help he could get. If the person needs 'relaxing'...I say go for it. Sure beats getting sued for a botched test/dead patient.

This is ridiculous! We are all told to go out and have all of these "life saving procedures" however more and more these procedures are covered less. Insurance companies are so frustrating. I deal with them on a daily basis with referring patients to specialitsts and for procedures. The most aggravating is BCBS.. You never actually talk to a person anymore. Its all that tree system bull that drives you crazy!

It also used to be that, if a person was dying, we let them die. None of this DNR stuff. I feel that dying is a natural part of life, and why should someone in an office half the country away tell me what is or is NOT necessary to make my life comfortable?!

Sorry. Off my soapbox now.